Why you do?
Updated: Jan 2, 2022
My first memory of playing a video game was when I was 4-5 years old, while living in Belgium. I was visiting a neighbor's home with my parents and the teenage son let me play Zorro on his Commodore 64. It was absolutely amazing to me, and I was very sad when we had to leave.
It wasn't long after that when I first tried Super Mario Brothers and Duck Hunt on my uncle's Nintendo, then my father received a 286 computer after volunteering to learn to be the computer specialist at the embassy in Belgium.
Computer/Video Games and my Dad's stereo are what started me down the path of learning, loving, and embracing technology at a young age. Throughout my childhood when we would move from one city to the next, I would always be excited to setup the family computer and home entertainment center. I got accustomed to reading the product manuals to the various components that made up the stereo system. I was all too familiar with wiring up Speakers, Laserdisc, VHS, BetaMax, and Cassette players to the stereo receiver by the time I was a teenager.
One of my first jobs as a teenager was working as an IT intern at the US embassy in Switzerland during summer break, then my first job out of high school was doing technical support for Bellsouth.net dial-up internet at a call center in Tucson, Arizona. That was over 20 years ago, and almost any job that I have had since has had to do with my passion for technology. It took me many years to recognize why I love working with technology; the look of wow on a customer's face when I show them how to use new tech. Whether it's a fancy new OLED flat-screen with a universal remote, or a Smart Home panel with thermostat and lighting control.
It has been almost two years since starting Onora Systems, a Tucson based systems integration company, and as a kick off to what we are all hoping will be a great year, we are doing a giveaway for a lucky neighbor within the Tucson community. The winner will receive a brand new Xbox Series X gaming console.
As a lover of technology, and especially AV tech, I can't emphasize enough how the Series X features the latest in AV and Gaming technology. Dolby Vision high dynamic range video, Dolby Atmos spatial audio, 120hz 4K gaming via HDMI 2.1, VRR, HDMI CEC... the list goes on.
To enter the giveaway:
Share or Retweet the social media post about this giveaway
Respond to the corresponding social media post (or answer in the comments below) one of the following questions.
"Why do you do what you do for a living?" or "What do you want do do for a living?"
We will randomly select a winner on February 1st, 2022. Best of luck to you on the giveaway and for 2022!
1. Eligibility: The Onora Systems Xbox giveaway is open to legal residents of Arizona who sign up on social media or https://onorasystems.com/blog/why. Entrants must be 18 years or older as of the date of entry in this promotion in order to qualify. This giveaway is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited by law. Onora Systems' employees, its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, and directors (collectively the “Employees”), as well as members of an Employees' immediate family and/or those living in the same household of Employees are ineligible to participate.
2. Sponsorship. The sponsor is Onora Systems, located at 8407 E Broadway Blvd #102 Tucson, AZ 85710. Sponsor will conduct the sweepstakes substantially as described in these Official Rules.
3. Agreement to Rules: By entering this sweepstakes, the Entrant (“You”) agrees to abide by the Sponsor's Official Rules and decisions, which are fully and unconditionally binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right to refuse, withdraw, or disqualify any entry at any time at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering this sweepstakes you represent and warrant that you are eligible to participate based on eligibility requirements explained in the Official Rules. You also agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this sweepstakes.
4. Onora Systems Xbox giveaway Entry Period: This promotion begins on January 2, 2022 at 6:00AM Arizona time and ends on February 1st, 2022 at 12:00AM Arizona time (“Entry Period”). To be eligible for the sweepstakes, entries must be received within the specified Entry Period.
5. How to Enter: Eligible entrants can enter The Onora Systems Xbox giveaway by submitting an entry via the comments section of https://onorasystems.com/blog/why or my commenting on social media. As a participant, your entry must fully meet all sweepstake requirements, as specified in the Official Rules, in order to be eligible to win a prize. Incomplete entries or those that do not adhere to the Official Rules or specifications will be disqualified at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Following/Liking and commenting on each social media platform and/or the blog entry constitute separate entries.
. 6. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Onora Systems Xbox giveaway (the “Winner”) will receive an Xbox Series X, currently valued at $499.00 . The actual/appraised prize value may differ at the time the prize is awarded. The prize(s) shall be determined solely by the Sponsor. There shall be no cash or other prize substitution permitted except at the Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. The Winner, upon acceptance of the prize, is solely responsible for all expenses related to the prize, including without limitation any and all local, state, and federal taxes. The Winner shall not transfer assignment of the prize to others nor shall the Winner request the cash equivalent or prize substitution. By accepting the prize, the selected Winner grants permission for the Sponsor to use the Winner’s likeness, entry, and name for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
7. Odds: The total number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
8. Selection and Notification of Winner: The Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. The Sponsor will notify the Winner by social media or email within ten days following Winner selection. The Sponsor is not responsible for nor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to email security settings that may cause notifications to be marked as spam or junk email. Nor shall be Sponsor be liable for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner 1) fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time the award notification was sent, 2) is found ineligible, or 3) does not complete and return an executed declaration and release within the specified timeframe, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected. Receipt of the prize (offered in the Onora Systems Xbox giveaway) by the Winner is upon the condition of compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. IF THE WINNER VIOLATES ANY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE WINNER (AT THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL BE DISQUALIFIED, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. 9. Rights Granted by You: By submitting an entry into this Giveaway, You understand and agree that the Sponsor, any individual acting on the Sponsor’s behalf, and the licensees successors, and assigns of the Sponsor shall, where permitted by law, have the right to print, publish, broadcast, distribute and use in any media known now or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, worldwide, and without limitation, your submission, name, photo, portrait, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Onora Systems Xbox giveaway, and your biographical information for news, publicity, advertising, promotional purposes, trade, information, and public relations without any further notice, review, consent, compensation, or remuneration.
10. Terms & Conditions: In its sole discretion, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Onora Systems Xbox giveaway should non-authorized human intervention, a bug or virus, fraud, or other causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, impact or corrupt the security, fairness, proper conduct, or administration of the Onora Systems Xbox giveaway. The Sponsor, in the event of any of the above issues, may determine the Winner based on all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. Individuals who tamper with or attempt to tamper with the operation or entry process of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions will be disqualified by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. In its sole discretion, the Sponsor has the right to maintain the integrity of the Onora Systems Xbox giveaway, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: [identify any disallowed entry methods that will result in votes/entries being voided; examples: multiple entries from the same user; multiple entries from the same computer beyond the number allowed by the Sweepstake] rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Attempts by any entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Onora Systems Xbox giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. If any such attempt is made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: Your entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes Your agreement to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, successors, agents, assigns, directors, employees, and officers against and from any and all claims, liability, illness, injury, death, litigation, loss, or damages that may occur, directly or indirectly from participation in the [Sweepstakes or Contest] and/or the 1) Winner accepting, possessing, using, or misusing of any awarded prize or any portion thereof; 2) any type of technical failure; 3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, phone, or Internet service; 4) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; 5) electronic error or human error in the Promotion administration or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ARIZONA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. The Entrant agrees, as a condition of participating in this promotion, that if any disputes cannot be resolved between the Entrant and the Sponsor, and if causes of action arise out of or are connected with this Sweepstakes, they shall be individually resolved exclusively before a court located in [your state or province] having jurisdiction, without resorting to any form of class action. Under no circumstances in any such dispute shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this [Sweepstakes or Contest]). The participant waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winners List: You may obtain a copy of the Winner’s name(s) or a copy of these Official Rules, by sending your request via mail with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Onora Systems 8407 E Broadway Blvd # 102 Tucson, AZ 85710. Requests must be postmarked no later than February 15, 2022.
15. Social Media Channel-Specific Rules: The Sweepstakes hosted by Onora Systems is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
16. By submitting an entry to the Sweepstakes, You, the Entrant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.